The Chemical Society of Japan in order to help earthquake victims in the Tohoku region has implemented a program to provide not only short-term but also continuous mid- to long-term support for primary and secondary school students supporting the chemistry centered science community as well as the next era as a basic policy. As funding for this project we report the decision to contribute 14 million yen.
An overview of the project is as follows.
- 1. Project name
- East Japan Earthquake Victim Support Project
- 2. Basic policy
- Our policy is to provide not only short-term but also continuous mid- to long-term assistance to primary and secondary students supporting the chemistry centered science community and the next era.
- 3. Activity funds
- Contributions from CSJ (14 million yen)
Outside donations to this project
- 4. Actions that have been completed
- As a primary action, in cooperation with other publishing organizations, we have donated chemistry and science books to 29 libraries and 19 shelters. Click here for more information. In addition to book donations, we will regularly report on short-, mid-, and long-term support measures as soon as concrete decisions are made.